The Andhra Pradesh government allocates different kinds of ration cards to its citizens based on their eligibility. The pink ration cards are specifically for people who are slightly above the poverty line. Those who belong to the category below the poverty line in the state of Andhra Pradesh are issued white ration cards. While it might seem that pink ration cards are not as valuable as white ration cards, they still carry a lot of benefits and must be used by eligible candidates. Check all the details about the issuance of a new pink ration card.
AP Ration Card Issue of New Pink Ration Card
There are various purposes of ration cards. One of the prime objectives is the purchase of commodities at affordable prices. The authorities in the State of Andhra Pradesh issue ration cards totally on the basis of the financial status of the citizens. Citizens of the state of Andhra Pradesh who hold a pink ration card can apply for one if they are eligible. The benefit of a pink ration card is that the citizens can buy the commodities at an affordable price as compared to the market from the ration distribution points managed by the state governments. Furthermore, the ration card is an important document for many purposes. Thus, a pink ration card will be highly useful.
AP New Pink Ration Card Eligibility Criteria
It is easy to apply for a pink ration card. However, what is important is to note the eligibility criteria. Candidates can apply for a pink ration card if they satisfy the ensuing conditions of eligibility:
- Applicant should be domiciled in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Taxpayers of any kind or not allocated or issued pink ration cards.
- They must belong to an underprivileged financial category which is slightly above the poverty line.
- The power consumption of the family must not exceed 300 units per month.
- Any family member must not have a government job.
- Families with a four wheeler will not be issued a pink ration card.
Andhra Pradesh New Pink Ration Card Documents
The following documents are required in order to apply for a new pink ration card in the state of Andhra Pradesh:
- Identity proof of The head of the family who shall be the cardholder. ID includes Aadhaar card, voter ID card, PAN card, driving license, passport, or any other.
- Income proof.
- Domicile certificate or proof of residence.
- Address proof.
- Category certificate.
- Details of all the members of the family who are to be added to the new ration card.
- A valid mobile number.
Apply for AP Issue of New Pink Ration Card
In order to apply for a new pink ration card, the candidates need to follow the ensuing process:
- Visit the official portal of MeeSeva for the State of Andhra Pradesh.
- Head to the services section and tap on the new ration card.
- Click on the option to download forms.
- Tap on the option to download the new pink ration card form.
- Take a printout of the form.
- Completely fill out the application form.
- Enclose the envelope with all the aforementioned documents and the filled out application form.
- Submit the envelope to ward representative or nearest ration distribution point.